I remember when my dad first got a GPS for his car. I would laugh whenever he took a wrong turn, and the machine would intone: “Recalculating. Recalculating…”
Now I’m the one who’s recalculating. As I mentioned in my last blog post, I keep getting hunches that I should cut back on the time that I spend working on my blogs. I’m finding that, on top of a full-time job (where I write all day), my weekday blogging schedule is overwhelming me. I have a really irrational fear of following my instincts, though.
Some things I try to keep reminding myself of:
- The answers to all my most important questions are within.
- This current moment is perfect.
- The universe is a warm, loving place; we just shut ourselves off from it a lot of the time.
- The me I’ve come to think of as “Driven Michelle” is shut off from love.
- Slow is good.
- Play is good.
- Being responsive to inner direction is good.
I want to enjoy deep, rich connection. It’s more important to me than productivity, money, prestige, the opinion of others, or approval. Connection is the only approval I need. Connection is food and medicine for all that ails me.
I want genuine. I want authentic. I want meaningful – in bite-sized pieces. I’m going to be changing my blogging schedule for now. I’ll be posting as I feel inspired to post – maybe every day, maybe one day a week, maybe a few times a month. Thanks for coming along for the ride so far. See you next time…